Historic Millstone

Vermilion County Museum
116 N. Gilbert Street
Danville, IL 61832
The Historical Marker Database

From Gilber’s Mill on North Forth River Ellsworth Park, Danville’s first mill.
C.M. Gilbert’s grist-mill was originally built in 1787. Mr. Gilbert purchased the mill in 1875, and ground about 7,000 bushels of wheat per year. The mill had three runs of stones.

Recent Posts