Abraham Lincoln’s Law Office Building Stones Marker
Vermilion County Museum
116 N. Gilbert Street
The Historical Marker Database
Building stones were preserved from the Danville Law Office of Abraham Lincoln and the Vermilion County Courthouse where he practiced law.
The salt kettle was used from 1824 to 1831 at the Salt Works of Major Vance. The site of this early Vermilion County industry was about 4 miles west of this spot.